Executive coaching has long been recognized as an essential career development tool. More than a mentor, an executive coach assesses strengths and gaps in a leader's skill set, develops a program to address needs and guides the leader through the process of developing and strengthening.
Executive coaches often specialize in one or more key areas. At Veritas, we offer executive coaching in the following specialties:
- Career Visioneering: The Visioneering process is a highly effective model for both developing a career path for a new leader and re-examining the path of a more seasoned executive. Have you developed a personal set of Core Values and Guiding Principles for your career? Do you have a personal Mission Statement? Most importantly, do the decisions you are making align with those values and your mission? If not, some time with a Visioneering coach might help you set or correct a better course for your career.
- Leadership Development: Are leaders born with a unique set of skills that just naturally allows them to lead, or can anyone learn to be a leader. The answer is - YES! we are all born with unique gifts, including gifts of leadership. But these gifts must be discovered, nourished and refined. Our Leadership Coaches begin by assessing a client's natural leadership style, then work to build upon the strengths that are found. everyone can improve their leadership skills, but are you willing to do the work that it takes?
- Facilitative Sales Mastery: We believe in a facilitative approach to leadership, to consulting, and to sales. There is great power in listening, and in learning how to respond properly to what is said. Imagine what can happen when you learn to focus on facilitating your customer's success, rather than focusing on your own sales quota. Those who we have coached in this methodology have seen steady increases in their sales volume that have returned the cost of coaching many times over. It isn't magic, but it works. Listening effectively and learning to assist your clients in their efforts to succeed can be a powerful tool for anyone who sells.
Performance coaching is a more focused, event-specific or time-limited form of coaching that can be provided to both teams and individuals. It most frequently focuses on one of three areas:
- Maximizing High Performers: Every team contains some members who seem to naturally fly a little higher than the rest of the team. They perform at a level that isn't easily replicated. Efforts to do so may actually hinder the rest of the team or even bring down that high performer. Our coaches understand the unique needs of the high performer and have specific strategies they can provide to maximize their efforts while stregthening the rest of the team.
- Individuals or Teams in Crisis: There are many reasons why a crisis might occur. Often the true cause is obscured by the emotional debris field flowing from the crisis. When this occurs, an independent, impartial and skilled facilitator is your best hope for lasting recovery. A facilitative approach to crisis coaching focuses not on the immediate conflict but on the behaviors that led to it. Only by finding and addressing the root causes can a crisis truelly be resolved. Use any other approach and you will just be forcing a brief calm before the next storm.
- Career Transitions: It has been said that nothing is more constant than change. Sometimes we welcome change when it comes and other times it is an unwelcome visitor. When the time has come for a transition in your career, a coach can guide you through what can be an emotional and difficult process. Make sure that another set of eyes is looking to see that your transition will be as successful as the rest of your life has been.
Veritas is happy to announce that we now offer life coaching in a limited form.
- Personal Visioneering: The Visioneering processes, combined with our coaching principles, are as powerful for individuals as they are for organizations. What is your vision for life? What is your personal mission and how will you organize your life as you define, refine and align with your guiding principles? These are just a few of the questions our coaches can guide you through during your personal Visioneering journey.
at the power of the coaching process
to draw out the skills or talent that was previously hidden within an individual, and which invariably finds a way
to solve a problem
previously thought unsolvable."
unless coached, never reach their maximum capabilities."